Saturday, October 18, 2008

Brain... Hurting...

I've never done anything remotely like this before. It's really making me realize that I need to compartmentalize parts of my brain into "regular drawing style" and "cartooning". I'm not a cartoonist. I'm also confirming a fear I've feared to fear in the last couple of years: that I have no unique art style. Every panel is really inconsistent with the one before it, and it's super hard to not want to cram in lots of details to cover up the fact. Gripes aside, though, I don't think I've done anything this fun in a while, as far as "things with people sitting around the same room together for a long time"-type activities go. It's a real challenge, and a great learning experience. I have no idea if I'll finish or not. Yeek!

--Jesse Gillespie

No comments: